If someone made a medley of slightly-modified classic rock songs into a ballad about my life, the lyrics would go something like this:
Shot in the toosh, and you're to blame. Honey, you give meds a bad name.
But you're a good girl, you love your Mama, love Jesus, and the Dairy Queen, too.
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I ate before surgery. I'm a bad boy, for puking on you.
-- Air guitar playing. --
There you stood in the doorway, I heard a pager tone.
I was thinkin' to myself that I just wanted to poo-oop alone.
Then you picked up a clipboard, and they wheeled me away.
There were voices in the corridor, I thought I heard one say, eh --
'Welcome to the same-day GI scope wing.
Drink this contrast dye.
Tastes like fake Mai-Tai.'
-- Air guitar and drums playing. --
Now is it over? Yeah, it's over. 'Cause you're driving me insane.
I feel crazy, crazy, crazy in here, Baby.
I turned the light on, but you're gone.
Yeah this drives me --
Crazy, crazy, crazy... not just maybe.
What can I do? I just wanna go code blue.
-- More air guitar. --
(Modified from great tunes by Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Tom Petty, and The Eagles!)
No comments:
Post a Comment