Thursday, August 12, 2010

Floral Fling: This Week's Paintings (So Far...)

No, The PlayList hasn't hit the airwaves (or my easel) yet, BUT I've been painting up a storm using some inspiration from a recent stroll through fabric and home decor shoppes.  I was consulting on drapery upholstery and found a windfall of happenstance enchantment with the colors and textures.  Although the drapes are in a stately black, tan, and burgundy sateen weave, my creative musings lingered on Asian-echoing florals and silky shimmers.  Thus, a botanical bonanza of sorts on canvas emerged.  Well, okay -- not all of my musings were shiny petals.  There are some old pieces newly completed and a random faux label or two in the mix, as well.  Enjoy!

"Serenity Now"

"South Pacific"  (Linen Finish/Pearlized)

"Bubble Gum" Dime Store Faux Label

"Norman's Gold Label Lime" Faux Label

"Geisha" Silk Impression, Watermarked/Pearlized

(Zoom)

"Wishing Tree"

"Pumpkins"

In Honor: "Giant Pear"

(Yes, "Giant Pear" recently went to the home of one of my most treasured people ever.  I truly miss it, but know it is well loved, AND, I'm making an even BIGGER pear for the lonely spot on the wall.  Watch for pictures.)

7 comments:

  1. These are all so good. I tried to pick a favorite, but I don't know if I can... What a talented friend I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful :)
    And thanks for your email...praying for you friend
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL ... i love them all! I think my favorite is "Geisha" ... I love the elegant background with the dark contrast of the pattern!!! you are A-Mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pumpkin one is also one of my faves! reminds me of my little "pumpkin pie face" ... delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More pieces tomorrow if all goes well! Thanks & hugs!

    ReplyDelete