Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Classic Lit-Bits: Tuesday

"You see I've been leading a sort of a funny life. And I never even talk English. And you are so very beautiful."

Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms, Chapter 5

"I have noticed that doctors who fail in the practice of medicine have a tendency to seek one another's company and aid in consultation. A doctor who cannot take out your appendix properly will recommend you to a doctor who will be unable to remove your tonsils with success. These were such doctors."

Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms, Chapter 15

"At Locarno we did not have a bad time. They questioned us but they were polite because we had passports and money. I do not think they believed a word of the story and I thought it was silly but it was like a law-court. You did not want something reasonable, you wanted something technical and then stuck to it without explanations. But we had passports and we would spend the money. So they gave us provisional visas."

Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms, Chapter 37

"When there was a good day we had a splendid time.... and it gave us both a feeling as though something were hurrying us and we could not lose any time together."

Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms, Chapter 40

No comments:

Post a Comment