Friday, August 20, 2010

No Decaf, Please!

I didn't realize that, when I arrived at the Nursing Division on Tuesday, the rest of my life was breaking champagne and sailing away to "After May" land without me!  Amidst the flurry of syllabi and new faces, my growing list for next week includes the following:
  • Read 14 chapters and 2 whole texts; 
  • Build binders for various subjects and make a final binder explaining how to reference the other binders;
  • Become 23 again with more energy;
  • Show up for my assigned office hours, as dictated by a stone tablet called "Official Memo";
  • Pass a proficiency in infusion therapies at 90% or higher to meet policy;
  • Attempt to identify each of 44 faces by name at least once in the next 6 weeks. 
The list should probably go on, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  "Make more lists" isn't until #54 on the original list.

Maybe the "Nursing Ship" and the "My Life After May" ship will pass in the night to rekindle a little of my un-scrubs spark.  Until then: no decaf, please!

1 comment: