Today, I am entirely content. My little corner of the globe has righted itself and situated me directly in the center of my favorite nest -- the classroom. Adding to the joy of continuing my own coursework, I have the privilege of tutoring the first-year students... who number 44 total! Sharing even a tiny piece of the vibrance I feel when I study biology as applied to the lifespan and wellness of human beings is truly an honor. Questions energize me even more than answers, and I find myself waking up in the middle of the night with a new hypothesis rooted in the sincere curiosity of a student or patient. What would any of us be without the richness of inspiring one another both to imagine and to be amazed?!
So, as a new day and new semester begins, I find myself reflecting on the words of Dr. John Nash: "Good morning, eager young minds."
i love the you in you! miss you and see you soon ....
ReplyDelete